Networking MCQs solved
solved mcqs computer networkingChatGPT
Certainly! I can help you with some multiple-choice questions (MCQs) related to computer networking. Please provide me with the questions, and I’ll do my best to provide you with the correct answers.
Sure! Here are ten solved multiple-choice questions related to computer networking:
- Which of the following is not a type of network topology? a) Bus b) Star c) Loop d) Ring Answer: c) Loop
- What is the maximum transmission speed of a standard Ethernet cable? a) 10 Mbps b) 100 Mbps c) 1 Gbps d) 10 Gbps Answer: c) 1 Gbps
- Which layer of the OSI model is responsible for routing and forwarding packets? a) Physical layer b) Data link layer c) Network layer d) Transport layer Answer: c) Network layer
- Which protocol is used to retrieve emails from a mail server? a) SMTP b) POP3 c) IMAP d) HTTP Answer: b) POP3
- What is the purpose of a subnet mask in networking? a) It identifies the unique IP address of a device. b) It determines the network portion of an IP address. c) It encrypts data for secure transmission. d) It assigns a hostname to a network device. Answer: b) It determines the network portion of an IP address.
- Which protocol is used to resolve IP addresses to MAC addresses on a local network? a) ICMP b) ARP c) DHCP d) DNS Answer: b) ARP
- Which networking device operates at the data link layer of the OSI model? a) Hub b) Switch c) Router d) Repeater Answer: b) Switch
- Which TCP/IP protocol is used for file transfer? a) FTP b) HTTP c) SMTP d) SNMP Answer: a) FTP
- Which of the following is a private IP address range? a) 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 b) 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 c) 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 d) All of the above Answer: d) All of the above
- What is the purpose of NAT (Network Address Translation)? a) It allows multiple devices to share a single public IP address. b) It encrypts network traffic for secure communication. c) It provides error detection and correction in data transmission. d) It translates domain names into IP addresses. Answer: a) It allows multiple devices to share a single public IP address.